Friday, July 22, 2011

The heat is oppressive in NYC this week, making kitchen work near impossible. Still, I have orders to fill so I've found the only way to work around the heat and humidity is to work before 10am or after midnight. It sucks, but faced with the alternative (melting caramels, impossible chocolate), it's my only option in this weather.

I've been doing a lot of tooling around on Twitter recently (follow me!). I've found some really interesting people doing cool things all over the place. I always find myself extolling the joys of McClure's - the best pickle-maker around, hands down.

You know, I had all these things I wanted to write about today, but I'm either too hot to remember or I'm just over-caffeinated (probably both). I'll have to get back to this later.

In the meantime, I'm going to drool over these enticing strawberry basil margaritas and deviled pickled eggs from Faith over at The Kitchn. Oh! That's what I was going to write about actually. I bought all the stuff to start making pickles again, but it go so hot that I ate almost all the cucumbers straight out of the fridge, cold and raw with salt, pepper, olive oil, and vinegar. Cool, right? Sike. Geez, I ate like 20 raw cucumbers this week. I wanted to pickle a bunch of eggs again, too, and I still might, but I'll need to buy more beets - I roasted them and put them on a pizza on Tuesday.

OMG, I'm putting down the coffee and cleaning. Toooo muccchhhh caffffeinnne!!!!!

More soon..

2 comments:

Thi said...

Hey Christian,

There is one thing I don't understand. Why do you have to change the name of your company? I spent some time combing through, and didn't find the reason why you have to. I hope you enjoyed your coffee.

Best-
T

Christian said...

Hey Thi, I am rebranding my whole business and focusing more on candy and less on baking. Also, I just feel like the name of my blog is too long for a business, including maybe a storefront, packaging, etc. Any ideas??