Friday, November 12, 2010

As I guessed, the pumpkin-pie spiced caramels tasted kind of burnt. Scorched, or something. Fail. I'll try again, maybe this time adding the spices and vanilla at the last moment.

I have a cake order coming up in a few weeks, and the guy I'm talking to asked me if I write on cakes. The answer has always been "no," but I guess I've been practicing enough and I feel a bit more sure of myself. This order is for nine (NINE!) long words on a 10" cake. I'm so nervous. I think I'm going to trace it all out in chocolate on parchment paper over a template. I like doing that. That way, if I mess up, I don't have to worry about scraping it off the cake and messing it all up. And the chocolate slides right off the parchment if it's tempered correctly and frozen.

We'll see.

No comments: