Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So busy lately! Well, I was on vacation in Key West, then I was so busy.

Just a quick post today. I'm still trucking along with the salted caramels - making more than ever these days. I'm in the process of working out a shipping system with UPS so I can really start getting these things out of NYC.

Here are a few projects I completed recently.

I made some chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes for my good pal Richmond, who is off to India this Friday on his first catalog shoot for Anthropologie. I'm so proud of him!


Chocolate and peanut butter has been a very popular flavor combination as of late. In January alone, I made three cakes that were chocolate with peanut butter buttercream. Crazed!

Here's a silly little thing I made for my friend (and Key West travel companion) Randy. The colors matched the candles I got for him. This one was also chocolate and peanut butter.


Here's one I was particularly happy with. It's a chocolate cake, a salty caramel filling, and salted buttercream with a hit of black rum in it. The top is made from caramel cooked to what I refer to as the "black death stage," then drizzled over a sheet of parchment until it set. Then I just broke it up into shards and arranged them "randomly" on top.


 

I've been working on a few new ideas for copies of some famous candy bars, too. I'll get those up here soon!

No comments: