Saturday, April 10, 2010

A busy Friday night/Saturday morning resulted in:

1. Pickled garlic
IMG_2324

Ready in two weeks!
IMG_2334

2. A Key Lime pie
IMG_2323

 IMG_2338

IMG_2342

3. A Red Velvet cake for a friend's birthday (this cake looks "topless" to me in this picture).
IMG_2346

I'm looking forward to doing a lot more pickling and preserving this year. My friend Ashton and I joined a community supported agriculture (CSA) share that starts in June. We'll (hopefully) be getting an abundance of fruits, vegetables, eggs, and flowers. Looking forward to seeing what I can do with all the stuff we get, not to mention how quickly I can do it all, given the organic, preservative-free nature of the food. Should be interesting..

More to come!

1 comment:

irenca penca said...

hy!

i wonder if this garlic is in vinegar or oil?